Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Un-protect

Winter is just about setting in. Shows up sometimes, around late evenings and early mornings. Arms fold by themselves, the quilt becomes more important than the jogging track. And you know she's playing hide and seek with you.

But serious winter is still distant. And it surprises me to see people covering themselves with mufflers and shawls and jackets, freshly pulled out from the box bed.

Point is, why must you be so cautious? Why must the fear of catching a chill overpower the experience of cold breeze seeping through your skin, into your blood? The ‘what will happen tomorrow’ is consuming your energy; the ‘what must be felt now’ is taking a beating.

We are perpetually shielding ourselves against all things possible - hurt, love, relationships, failure, you name it. We build unseen walls, stronger the walls of the world put together. We form miles and cities, we create immeasurable distances. The fear of pain takes over the pleasure of experience . Words are measured, not spoken. Situations are weighed, not lived.

Come let’s sack the guards on duty. Let’s make a big hole in the wall. Let's not be shy if once bitten. Let’s drop the inhibitions completely. Let’s not duck with fear.


Winter is not here yet, let's throw away the jersey.

5 comments:

R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Morpheus said...

Nice post. Almost poetic at times.

I lived in north Michigan for a couple of years. Winter is about 8 months long (according to my standards). I used to walk to school, which was half a kilometer in 5 feet of snow with the temp almost as low as -25 at times. The cold did more than just seep into my blood. It damn near froze it :)

Morpheus said...

I'm a lil sheepish about the post. mine, I mean..so I have left a lil disclaimer. I've also replied to your comment.

I resorted to this trick, because I think I've managed to piss you off..quite royally at that. Apologies!

Unknown said...

then who is gina work if you catch cold...
its better to be safe then sorry
and also i love winter clothes...

Fictitioustruth said...

Appreciate your approval.

hope you had a guide who knew the city.